Forums » Chemicals

"Q. about Popper and headaches"

• 6 posts
    February 19, 2015 8:02 PM CET

Hello.I've been using poppers for over ten years but lately I get terrible headaches every time I use them.Also I don't find them as strong as they use to be.Are they using a new formula or may be is normal when You take them for long period of time...?.

I've never experience headaches when using poppers before.I wonder If someone is feeling the same around here or knows more about poppers.

If You guys know about a good brand please let me know.Because that's the only way I can take a fist...using poppers.

Thanks for reading this!

• 1 posts
    February 20, 2015 12:13 AM CET

I am not experiencing headaches, but they are definately not as strong as they used to be.  The formulas have been changed.  I don't know why.

• 6 posts
    February 21, 2015 1:58 AM CET

That's what I think.Poppers are not the same.Thanks OakParkJJ.

• 10 posts
    February 25, 2015 9:48 PM CET

Well, if you get any poppers from europe, they will be close to their original contents, less jarring than man-made chemicals were added/mixed up/concocted to avoid US prohibition laws.  And they only work on your brain, your muscles.  You ARE capable of taking a fist without them.

• 3 posts
    February 26, 2015 1:11 AM CET

Poppers these days are usually iso-propyl nitrite. The reason for the change is that iso-butyl nitrite could possibly be a carcinogen. The amyl nitrite used in the past can only be acquired with a prescription these days. I find that iso-propyl nitrite is less headachey, but that may be just me. Iso-propyl is more volatile than most of the others, which might explain why the effect seems to be lighter. 

About one in three users experience headaches with poppers. If you find the effects diminishing, stop using for a while.

• 13 posts
    February 26, 2015 2:10 AM CET
    Carcinogen issues wasnt the consideration. It was a work-around USA federal laws. The ever changing formulations are usually the result of the assorted companies being bought and sold, as well as cheaper ingredients, and restrictions on certain chemicals.
    The original amyl glass ampules were for those that needed a slight kick start for their heart. You snapped the ampule, hence "poppers".
    • 13 posts
    February 26, 2015 2:29 AM CET
    As an aside; the one inhalant I prefer not to have in my proximity is ethyl chloride (maxx impact, ect.)
    It can be dangerous if over-dosed, its highly flammable, and when the bottom your playing with is constantly doing it, its like fisting a zombie.
    • 6 posts
    February 26, 2015 8:41 PM CET

Thank You guys for posting all that info .Me and others are learning more now.For while I wasn't able to get them where I usually buy them from.They said something about "upgrading" and that's why they were not being sold for couple months.That's when I start getting headaches from the "new" poppers bottles.

I've tried differents brands and I'm taking a little break from them untill I find a good one.

Last years some told me about the "Brown Bottle" poppers selling online.I went there but then I lost the link and I could get them.I think was an independent brand in a brown bottle with no label.

Do You know anything about It?

BTW...the last one I tried was "Super RUSH"(80% alcohol,5% HCL,5% H2O  and 5% other).

This post was edited by Yandel12 at February 26, 2015 8:44 PM CET
    • 13 posts
    February 26, 2015 9:02 PM CET
    "upgrading" yeah..riiiight.

I would strongly urge to those seeking or offer "private" or "home brew" label poppers to keep it private via personal email on not on a public forum. "Loose Lips Sinks Ships"...
    • 6 posts
    February 28, 2015 9:32 PM CET

Years ago,poppers use to be sold in sex clubs.Many of them with no labels at all.All those sex clubs are now gone.

OMG,I'm getting old!

But back to my topic....

Anyone here get headaches from the use of poppers this days?.Like I said,there are out there many different brands..all "Legals".

• fly
    • 5 posts
    September 4, 2015 2:18 PM CEST

Jungle Juice Platinum if you can find it is good, even and not head ache prone when fresh. 

• 1 posts
    January 2, 2016 11:40 PM CET

Over the past 20 years, I have tried just about every brand of poppers available. The only brand that even came close to the original amyl nitate was Brazil Potion #9.  Now it is not as strong as it once was.  Either the formulas have changed, making them all weaker or I have somehow developed a resistance to their effects.  Difficult to imagine, as their weaker effects are the same, regardless of the brand, content or formulation.

• August 8, 2017 9:40 AM CEST

[blockquote]Yandel12 said:

Hello.I've been using poppers for over ten years but lately I get terrible headaches every time I use them.Also I don't find them as strong as they use to be.Are they using a new formula or may be is normal when You take them for long period of time...?.

I've never experience headaches when using poppers before.I wonder If someone is feeling the same around here or knows more about poppers.

If You guys know about a good brand please let me know.Because that's the only way I can take a fist...using poppers.

Thanks for reading this!

[/blockquote]

• August 8, 2017 9:50 AM CEST

hey m8 yeah ,I,ve noticed two things ,headaches and they r not as strong ,so for the headache,s i,d say stick to the popper u r used to but maybe before you could take  a couple of stong pain killers that way the head ache dosen,t have the time to take,or just rehydrate,as in lots of water,I,ve had days at work after the nite before with married m8 who loves taking it problem is as i,m near by i cop all the fumes,and the next day,headache,looked this up and not un common.so know your predicament even if i am a top,even tops who have used the stuff in the past can cop it,as in headaches,dizzyness,so thats why I,d say a they have got either weaker or nastier and I can understand most of my previous married blokes who kept either taking cock or toys,or fist,like to use it ,but there is also something a bit more worrying and that is the long term nerve damage to your teeth,mine always felt numb,so I,ve started if I see or know its going to be a night a couple of headache pills,and keep my mouth washed out or rinsed,hope that hels if u don,t beleive me ,just type in medical reasons for not using amyl nitrate.hope this helps definately no wowswer,cheers m88 rob,all the best,and yes got all my teeth.

• 1 posts
    December 31, 2018 1:58 AM CET

Only one I have found that gets me going these days is Jungle Juice Gold. The formulas have changed - more required = more headaches. And while I agree that you can take a fist without them, if you are not 'in the zone' it can take a lot longer and not be as pleasurable IMHO. Happy New Year!

• November 23, 2019 6:55 AM CET

Hi ya guys , Not sure if this is the right forum site, but I need to know, in some fisting vids u see guys, spraying, something onto a rag or jockstrap, nitric oxide ? , I Once rememebr having something stuffed into my mouth in Berlin, woah it was strong, smelt a bit like poppers/amyl nitrate but twice as srtong, but ggave me a nasty headache, anyway i was wodering if anyone has any idea is it nitric oxide ? and how does a guy get hold of it , like in aresole form in aus or do u order online ?thanks ahead of time,I use amyl regularly , and need it if fisting,giving or taking, but that other spray stuff would be better if I knew what It was , thanks ahead of time regards rob 

• November 23, 2019 8:37 AM CET

Hi Guys pretty sure it was Nitrous oxide, and does anyone know the where and how to get it in australia,?as u mostly have to have a liscence to buy it, so does anyone know of an online site, with forward thanks rob.

• 1 posts
    December 18, 2019 1:06 PM CET

If it is aerosol can into a rag then it is ethyl chloride (maxx impact, ect.) as mentioned in the 7th post from the top. Not overly safe to play with alone.

• January 6, 2020 6:22 AM CET
    koori "rrigger"rob said:

Hi ya guys , Not sure if this is the right forum site, but I need to know, in some fisting vids u see guys, spraying, something onto a rag or jockstrap, nitric oxide ? , I Once rememebr having something stuffed into my mouth in Berlin, woah it was strong, smelt a bit like poppers/amyl nitrate but twice as srtong, but ggave me a nasty headache, anyway i was wodering if anyone has any idea is it nitric oxide ? and how does a guy get hold of it , like in aresole form in aus or do u order online ?thanks ahead of time,I use amyl regularly , and need it if fisting,giving or taking, but that other spray stuff would be better if I knew what It was , thanks ahead of time regards rob 

• 1 posts
    • 1 posts
    February 16, 2020 5:43 PM CET

I have a theory, that the headache is caused by the poppers drying out the sinuses.  I take it by mouth and have not had headaches.