Forums » Anal Health & Wellbeing

Haemorrhoids and fissures

• 2 posts
    October 27, 2014 9:51 AM CET

hi guys

I am in a struggling to get well with some structural problems brought on by IBS.

I am interested to know how long to wait after fissures have healed before playing again. Doctors don't seem to know or say.

I am also interested to know if anyone here has had a lateral sphincterotomy to cure fissures, and how it may have affected their sex life.

I reckon I can't be the only person that would like to know about other people's experiences. There just doesn't seem to be any medical literature around this area for guys into fisting.

• 1 posts
    October 27, 2014 4:36 PM CET
    I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing I.B.S - doctors now claim they can correct this condition using the fecal matter from a family member & introducing it into your colon to promote all beneficial bacteria that isn't present in your body. This will then ease or completely stop your condition. As for fissures... they're notorious in that they keep opening up whenever you pass a bowel movement. They take time to heal... a good of hefty antibiotics may speed up healing? The problem with 'playing' is that it puts pressure on all that delicate anal skin... which, perhaps, previous fisting has torn. Take a sabbatical until you're completely healed... then, introduce small toys into your rectum to test how much you can take? The problem is that fisting is a vigorous sport that can & will tear your skin. You may find that you're limited in what anal sexual activity you can take part in... certainly, no immediate double fisting!? :) xoxo
    • 2 posts
    October 29, 2014 12:46 PM CET

Thanks ninjabunny for the understanding and suggestions.

I am taking rather more conventional probiotics at the moment, and learning the ins and outs (!) of IBS and a life without wheat, milk and chocolate (is that possible?). Coffee too, it seems. And onions, sugar and almonds. Condemned to a life of healthy living!

My doctor decided Diltiazam was too expensive and I am on glycerol trinitrate (nitroglycerine), to relax my inner sphincter spasm so the fissures can heal. The effect is rather like mild poppers, so life is not all glum. I don't have the same pain as before, so I assume the fissures have closed, but I just don't know how long the scar tissue will take to heal. As a massage therapist I am well aware of the need to friction scar tissue to help free it up, but as ninjabunny said, go gently to start with!

I would like to know about lateral sphincterotomy, however. Will it mean future fissures heal quicker, I think yes. But it seems a brutal procedure, cutting the bottom half of the internal sphincter to stop spasm. I topped someone once who had had it done, and his butt felt capacious low down but tight higher up. Has anyone else had experience of this? I don't want to mess too much with my pride and joy!

I have haemorrhoid surgery this last spring, the wonderfully named HALO procedure. It is minimally invasive, and I am hoping I won't need anything more radical. I guess the proof of the pudding...

My message to you guys is PLAY REGULARLY AND NOT TOO LONG - occasional festivities were a bit too much for me. I hope to build up stamina slowly again.

• 9 posts
    October 17, 2015 9:13 AM CEST

Hi all,

I recently watched a piece on the Google Box by a British Doctor who said that we should all be eating Porrige, ie oats on a daily basis. He said that the oats promote the growth of the natural & benificial bacteria in the gut. Our playground. I have adopted this practice. 90 second oats in the microwave & Presto. It is now so much easier to clean out & now more pain in the gut or Farting. Surely an advantage.

Hogmaster